Wednesday, July 3, 2013

My Trust

We will rejoice in your salvation, And in the name of our God we will set up our banners! May the Lord fulfill all your petitions. Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven With the saving strength of His right hand. Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; But we will remember the name of the Lord our God. Psalms 20:5-7 (NKJV)

I believe horses to be magnificent animals. They are powerful, and from personal experience let me tell you, they can hurt you. (Nothing quite like having a horse step on your foot to wake you up in the morning) Can you say "broken?" Needless to say, "I don't trust horses, or trust in horses!" Just so I'm not accused of giving horses a bad rap, let me be clear: "My hope (and my trust) is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness. I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on Jesus' name!"


There it is--out in the open... I don't trust in man-made institutions. (I have a lot of respect for many of our institutions, but I am not putting my trust in them to do the right thing) I don't trust in the "less than" almighty dollar. (Even before it inflates--it's only paper) I don't trust in elected officials. (I pray for the leadership of our country, but that does not mean that I have any confidence in their decision-making process) I don't trust in new cars. (My car was less than a month old when it broke down and had to be towed in for a repair) Life experience has taught me that security is only found in the hands of God.

Let me express why I have put my trust in God: He hears my prayers. He cares about me. He has saved me. He is preparing a place for me. He encourages me and guides my steps. He fills me with courage. He sends my heart a peace that passes understanding. He is always with me... I could go on and on... Frankly, I look at our broken, dangerous, messed up world, and I do not see another alternative for my trust. It is either trust in God or search in vain. Please know that I will not be searching for another alternative, because, like the Apostle Paul, "I know who I believe in and I am persuaded that He is able to keep me and the things I care about safe until that day when I am with Him!"

Prayer: "Dear heavenly Father, a grew up hearing a song that said, 'Where could I go, but to the Lord.' That is exactly how I feel. You are my anchor, my strong tower, my shield, my rock, my shelter, and my only hope. Thank you for living in me and for giving me the strength and the fortitude to face the daily challenges of life. Blessed be Your name! Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment