Friday, July 19, 2013

Trust in the Lord

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Prov 3:5-6 (NKJV)

Do you trust God? (After-all, our greenbacks even declare, "In God We Trust") Before you answer this question, consider the definition of "trust." "Trust is an assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something." So, when it comes to God--how deep does your trust run? Can you with confidence declare the words of Job? "Though He slay me, yet will I serve Him!" 

I have a strong dose of self-reliance that was handed down to me by generations of ancestors who were determined people. When faced with life's challenges, I generally take it on--head on--foolishly fearless in the face of problems that I often have no power to solve. Let me suggest to those of you who are already wiser than myself. "Trust in the Lord and wait until God speaks before you act!"

Here is a true saying, "With God all things are possible. He can do what is impossible for you to do." What can we do in the face of the impossible? Isaiah gave us great advice when facing the happenings of life: "Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31 (NKJV) It is difficult to surrender your intellect and will to God in the best of times, but when situations demand action, it is very difficult to be still and wait. It all comes back to the question: "Do you trust God?" Never forget--"He shall direct your paths!"

Prayer: "Dear heavenly Father, trusting in You is something that is easy for me to acknowledge and see the wisdom in the concept--it is much harder for me to put into practice. I want to fix and control everything around me. You have proven to be trustworthy, so help me to once again surrender my will and submit to that which I may not understand. Lord, in my life, I pray that Your Kingdom would come, and that Your will would be done! Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment