Tuesday, February 26, 2013

24/7

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Romans 12:1-2 (NKJV)

Every time I pray the words, "Your Kingdom come, Your will be done in earth as it is in heaven," I consider what is happening in heaven. According to the testimonies of both Isaiah the Prophet and John the Revelator, heaven is a place that is filled to the brim with the worship of God. So, when I pray for God's Kingdom to arrive on earth, I am praying for an invasion of heaven inspired worship--at least in part. Here is the question that I am pondering: "How can I participate in this heaven sent invasion?"

I can participate by becoming a worshiper. Not someone who sings a few hymns a week and calls it good, "NO," the worship of God must be a 24/7 experience. (24 hours a day--7 days a week) Let me make my point clearer by quoting the Apostle Paul, "Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." (1 Cor 10:31) This means that my actions--all my actions--need to be of the sort that bring glory to God. I think that this must have been what Paul was considering when he instructed us to "present our bodies as living sacrifices," which frankly does not sound like much fun.

There are two basic approaches that I can use to fulfill this call--this urge--this desire to be a living sacrifice that is holy and acceptable to God. I can gut it out religiously and try really hard; or, I can love God with all my heart and let a lifestyle of worship flow out of that love. Just a thought--but, I'm convinced that we would not need to worry about being conformed to the pattern of this world, IF, God remained our first and greatest love. If you can grasp this truth and live a lifestyle of worship you are going to enjoy an abundant life...whether you are eating, drinking or whatever you happen to be doing!

Prayer: "Dear heavenly Father, may I never grow weary of proclaiming Your greatness! You are surely worthy of my praise and adoration. Help me to remember that fact as I walk through life and experience the mundane challenges of life. I desire to be a follower of Christ--who actually follows Christ. I want it to be evident that I belong to You. May it be seen in my actions of my life and in the words of my mouth. 24/7! Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment