Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Charli

"The Lord bless you and keep you; The Lord make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace." Num 6:24-26 (NKJV)

My family is anticipating the imminent arrival of a new member. (For Jody and me--the first grand daughter) As I contemplate the advent of "Charli" (sounds like a good name for a hurricane) I already know that this baby's destiny is tied to one factor. Will Charli embrace all that God wants to be in her life? With God as her foundation, she will live a life marked by blessing in the midst of life's storms. Without God...I don't even want to go there.

My hope and prayer for this new arrival is the same as the blessing that Moses gave to Israel. That the Lord would bless and keep her--that He would be her first love--that His grace would cover her and be her shield--that the Lord would look out for her and give her a life that is marked with peace. Even in a difficult world there is the distinct possibility of a great life if she is connected to God. Let me make a stronger, more pro-active statement:"Charli will be able to do all things through Christ who gives her strength!" She will be free from sin and free to serve in God's Kingdom with integrity and power.

My hope and prayer for all of my friends and family is the same. I have now lived long enough to observe and appreciate the difference God makes in people's lives. Those who are "closer" to God seem to reap the benefit of God's blessing--those who are far away from God...life is more complicated and challenging. The blessing of God should not be underestimated. It is real and makes a HUGE difference in life. Those who put their trust in God will not be forsaken. They will journey through life surrounded by an ocean of God's grace, peace, joy, mercy, encouragement, strength and love.

Prayer: "Dear Father, I know that You are with me and that You hear my petitions and prayers. I have a simple prayer for Charli: May she come to know you and to feel Your presence in her life from a very early age. May You be her dearest friend and the lifter of her head. May her life bring You glory and may she walk the straight and narrow path all the days of her life. Give her parents and grand-parents all the necessary wisdom to raise her in a way that is pleasing to You. We entrust her to Your care. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment