Wednesday, February 6, 2013

You + God = Wholeness

Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. 2 Peter 1:2-4 (NKJV)

I enjoy putting puzzles together. The more pieces involved, the greater the challenge, and greater my joy when it is completed. I must say that if a piece of puzzle--just one piece is missing--the picture remains incomplete and the level of my joy suffers. Every piece is necessary for the picture to be whole. Many people are like that. They are walking around, living life, trying to do their best; however, the one thing that would make them whole is missing.

The Apostle Peter tells us that through the divine power of Jesus our Lord we have been given "all things that pertain to life and godliness." Think about that for a moment. The significance of Peter's statement is worthy of a poetic pause... A Believer in Christ has been given the missing pieces to the puzzle of life. Every answer as it pertains to life is found in Christ. Every answer as it pertains to knowing and living for God is found in Christ. Christ Jesus is the key to wholeness.

What makes a Believer in Christ different from anyone else? Through Christ we become "partakers of the divine nature." This means that "we" do not have to go with the flow--do what everyone else is doing--adopt the values of this world--live in the darkness--developing an appetite for the sin that poisons the soul. God has a much better plan in mind for humanity! I love the story of the Prodigal Son who finally came to his senses realizing that his Father had a better life planned for him than eating out of the pig trough. The bottom-line is this: God really does have a better plan for our lives.

You + God = Wholeness

Prayer: "Dear Heavenly Father, sometimes I still feel like such a child, because of my childish and foolish behavior. I still feel the pull of the world, beckoning me with the promises of a more exciting life... Lord, help me see through the deception of the Enemy and look to You. You have given me all that I need that pertains to life and godliness. May I keep my eyes on You and keep my feet on the path that You have prepared for me! Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment