Thursday, December 13, 2012

Beyond Imagination

However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."[3] 1 Cor 2:6-9 (NKJV)

I have a vivid imagination. I can look at blueprints and know what the construction will look like when it is finished. I see the future through optimistic eyes and stand convinced that life is going to offer great opportunities and possibilities. "OK...I'll admit, I am a die-hard optimist!" Never-the-less, even the greatest optimist cannot imagine "the things which God has prepared for those who love Him!"

What can you imagine for yourself in this life? How about the life to come--what does the future look like to you? Christians should be people of hope. We are people of hope, because, of God's promises and the mighty work of Jesus. But, what if our fondest hope of what the future holds for us still falls short of what God has prepared for those who love Him? That in fact is the case. If we could indeed "see" what God has in mind for us we would all become optimists and be filled with unquenchable joy!

That said, I enjoy speculating about my future with the Creator that is preparing my destiny. What are the possibilities this life holds as I press on in age--and what unimaginable blessings is God planning for me? I am aware that life can be difficult and is, at times, filled with tribulation and challenges; however, even in the worst of times I'm reminded of Christ's words: "Take heart for I have overcome the world."

Prayer: "Dear Father of unimaginable blessings, I give You praise today! I declare that all glory, and honor, and power belong to You. Not only are You the Creator of everything that is, You are simply good. Thank you for the joy of life. Thank you for the hope of tomorrow. Thank you for unending provision and blessing. May I walk in the fullness of all that You have prepared for me. And may I be joyful in my daily service in Your Kingdom!" Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment