Monday, December 10, 2012

On Earth

Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven. Matt 6:9-10 (NKJV)

I had the following thought while standing and singing in a worship service: Both Isaiah the Prophet and John the Revelator had visions of the throne room of God. In that heavenly place there were magnificent angelic beings worshiping God. They were crying, "Holy, Holy is the Lord..." In both visions heaven was observed by Isaiah and John as a place of extravagant worship. What this tells me is that at this very moment in time the worship of God is happening around the throne of God.

It gives new meaning to the Lord's Prayer: "Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven." When I pray that prayer I am asking for the very things that are happening in heaven to come into my world and happen here. I am praying that the extravagant worship of God would happen on this terrestrial shore. That the worship of God would be a high priority and ever happening in my life, in my home and in my church.

When Jesus came into Jerusalem on the back of the donkey, the common people ran into the streets, waving palm branches, paving the road with their cloaks and shouting praises. The Pharisees (of course) did not like the commotion or the idea of the people worshiping Jesus. They took their beef to Jesus and He replied, "If these people do not worship, the very rocks will cry out!" (It was a "Your Kingdom Come" moment!) You see, whether in heavenly places around the throne of God, or in the middle of our mundane lives, God desires a people who will worship Him in spirit and in truth!

Prayer: "Dear Heavenly Father, please know that I have no intention of letting the rocks cry out before I take the opportunity to lift my voice to acknowledge and worship you. You alone are worthy of my heartfelt worship. It is my desire for Your kingdom to come and rule in my life as it does in the heavens. May people know that I belong to You by the testimony of my life and the passion of my worship. Blessed, blessed, blessed be the name of the Lord!" Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment