Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Glory

I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple. Above it stood seraphim; each one had six wings: with two he covered his face, with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one cried to another and said: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; The whole earth is full of His glory!" Isaiah 6:1b-3 (NKJV)

Isaiah the Prophet was ushered into the throne room of the Almighty. It was quite a scene in that heavenly place. Angels flying around--the Creator shining like the sun sitting on a throne--heavenly choirs--thunder--lightning--a great gathering of the saints worshiping... "OK, I'm taking artistic license, but trust me, it was an amazing sight!"  Isaiah gave us this much insight, we know that heaven in a remarkable place.

In the midst of Isaiah's vision he hears the angels remarking about another place in God's universe. They talked about the earth. They specifically said this about our tiny planet: "The whole earth is full of His (God's) glory!" Furthermore, they stated it as a fact. What were they referring to? Sorry about the redundancy; but, they were pointing out the fact that the whole earth is filled with God's glory!

I once wrote a song with the following lyric:

You can see it in the stars at night, you can see it in the ocean tide,
You can see it in the lightning, as it cuts against the sky,
You can see it in the heavens, the clouds, the moon, the sun,
You can hear creation singing, "See the glory of the Lord!"
See the glory of the Lord, See the glory of the Lord!


I do not deny that I'm a creative, artist type of person; however, I believe that the beauty of the creation--the variety of the creation--the complexity of the creation--the amazing interdependence of the creation--the apparent design of the creation all shout the glory of the Lord. The angels of heaven are right: "The whole earth is indeed filled with God's glory!"

Prayer: "Dear Heavenly Father, I marvel at the universe You have created. It is truly astounding! Walking in the midst of great and ancient Oaks--seeing the color palate that surrounds me--feeling the breath of the wind--seeing the grace of the birds--the sounds of rushing water--the majesty of snow-capped mountains...It is all Your handiwork and reveals Your glory. I am not going to wait for the rocks to cry out--I give you praise for You are my God and my King. Lord, help me to walk this day in awe of You and what You have created!" Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment