Thursday, May 9, 2013

One Way

"Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broadis the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficultis the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it." Matt 7:13-14 (NKJV)

If you are embarking on a trip across the country or even to a local destination where you are not acquainted with the location, if you are wise you will look at a map--turn on your electronic navigator--or look it up online and download the directions. (Sometimes I do all three just to make sure) Arriving at a particular location is not guess work, it is a calculated decision, where I know that if I take a specific road to a specific destination on the map I will complete the journey as planned.

If you have an interest in "landing" in the eternal Kingdom of the Creator you must "Enter by the narrow gate." Jesus was trying to convey an important truth to those who were and are interested in an abundant and eternal life. Simply stated--there is one road that will take you to heaven, and as long as you stay on that road you can rest assured knowing that you will arrive and you will hear the voice of Jesus say, "Welcome thou good and faithful servant."

There are a plethora of roads that lead to destruction. People are gullible and willing to believe just about anything, simply because they wish it to be true. It is almost as crazy as heading due south on a road heading out from New York City believing that it will eventually take you to Seattle. If you want to make heaven your home please take the right road--the only road--the one way that leads to eternal life. Let the following verses act as your spiritual map, and know that if you stay on this road you will arrive at your destination. 

  • Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6 (NKJV) 
  • For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus. 1 Tim 2:5 (NKJV) 
  • He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 1 John 5:12 (NKJV)
Prayer: "Dear heavenly Father, thank you for sending Jesus to rescue me from my sin. Thank you for making a way for me, so that one day when this life is over and the race is completed, I will arrive at my eternal destination with You. I pray Lord that You would make me more effective in sharing this news--this road map that leads to salvation. Please grant me many opportunities to tell others. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment