Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Trust

Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven With the saving strength of His right hand. Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; But we will remember the name of the Lord our God. Psalms 20:6-7 (NKJV)

I do not believe in luck--"No, really, I don't believe in luck; however, if it wasn't for good luck I would have no luck at all."  That really is my Pollyanna view point of life--which finds its traction in the hope that I find in Christ. When I drive to a public place I expect that there will be an open parking space for my car as close to the doors as non-handicapped parking can be. Jody and I now drive up "knowing" that "my" spot will be open. If it happens to be filled, I figure that it is a good day for walking.

I have lived long enough to know that I am not always going to win. I figured that out in 6th grade when I was the starting outside linebacker on a football team that went 0-8. In life there will be situations that challenge our faith, because we do not always feel like we are winning in life. It might be the result of some bad self-inflicted decisions, or it might be one of those times of, "when it rains it pours." Our response to such circumstance reveals an accurate reading of our faith.

In the words of King David, let me emphatically declare: "I KNOW that the Lord saves His anointed!" In the words of the Apostle Paul: "I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day." In a fit of rage, King Saul hurled a spear at David--he was aiming for the kill. David wrote a song in response: "As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him." You can expect that life will be unfair--Your critics will be cruel--Your future may look bleak--and the enemy of your soul may be firing fiery darts in your direction; but, face it all with courage, put your trust in God--knowing that He will work it out for your good. Blessed be the name of the Lord!

Prayer: "Dear heavenly Father, You are the one constant unchanging factor in my life. Everything is changing around me. Circumstances conspire against me. Relationships shift like the sand. Success is fleeting and time is slipping away. In all of my experiences--in all of my dealings--in all of my trials and errors--You are the only solid place I have found. Your love does not fail and Your voice of encouragement never ceases. Thank you for being an anchor for my soul. I trust in You! Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment