Saturday, May 11, 2013

Remembering Dallas Willard


American philosopher, author and theologian Dallas Willard died May 8 at the age of 77 following a battle with cancer. Willard taught at USC since 1965 and wrote many spiritual formation books including “Renovation of the Heart,” “The Spirit of the Disciplines” and “The Divine Conspiracy.”A couple of my favorite quotes:

"The aim of God in history is the creation of an all-inclusive community of loving persons with God himself at the very heart of this community as its prime Sustainer and most glorious Inhabitant." 

"Our destiny is to be part of a tremendously creative team effort, under unimaginably splendid leadership, on an inconceivably vast plane of activity, with ever more comprehensive cycles of productivity and enjoyment."


"The writings of Dallas Willard always made me aware of the deficiencies of my I.Q.  I'm not sure that he ever wrote a paragraph that I did not need to read at least three times over to grasp at the ideas he was suggesting.  I truly great thinker!"  RD

No comments:

Post a Comment