Thursday, April 18, 2013

Peace

The Lord will give strength to His people; The Lord will bless His people with peace. Psalms 29:11 (NKJV)

Solomon made an interesting observation: "Better is a dry morsel with quietness,Than a house full of feasting with strife." Prov 17:1 (NKJV) We all live in a world that some have described as a "dog eat dog" kind of a world. Where the strong pick on the weak--where the rich take advantage of the poor--where the educated rule over the uneducated--where the advantaged take "advantage" over the disadvantaged. If you are looking for fairness or an even playing field, you are living on the wrong planet. The real question is this; How can we find peace when living in the middle of strife?"

One cannot be a part of the solution if they are a part of the problem. So, in our quest for God's peace, we need to drop out of the worldly activities and pursuits that create the strife in the first place. What does that mean? We cannot afford to "buy in" to the world's system and values. The Apostle John said, "Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world--the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life--is not of the Father but is of the world." 1 John 2:15-16 (NKJV) The bottom-line is this: The pursuit of worldly advantage will generally lead to a life of spiritual disadvantage.

I have asked myself this question many times; "What do I want out of life?" It invariably leads me to a much more important question; "What is God's destiny for my life?" As I pursue God as my first love--desiring to please Him--everything in life begins to fall into place. My daily steps are ordered. The path ahead is straight and full of light. The circumstances of life beyond my control start working out for my good. I view the future with hope. I am renewed with strength daily. And last, but of great importance--when I am walking with God I am filled with the blessing of peace.

Prayer: "Dear heavenly Father, You are my treasure. You are more valuable than gold, diamonds or lands. You have given to me the gift of abundant life. A life of joy, peace and love. I agree with the Psalmist who said, 'I would rather spend one in Your courts than thousands elsewhere!' Thank you for a peace that passes understanding in the midst of tribulation. Thank you for being my strong tower in the midst of the raging storm of life. Blessed be the name of the Lord! Amen"

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Renew our focus Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt, God is the source of all that is good and all that we need!

    ReplyDelete