Friday, April 19, 2013

The BIG Question

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darknesswas on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. 3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. Gen 1:1-3 (NKJV)

There is a new wave of writers and thinkers who claim to be atheists. They believe in an expanding universe that came about...because...when... Actually, they have no answers, because their answers are illogical. The great French mathematician and philosopher René Descartes (1596-1650) talked about the idea of the existence of God. Descarte believed that mathematics and the laws of physics proved that God existed. He applied the following logic based those disciplines:

1. Nothing can come from nothing.
2. More cannot come from less.
3. More objective reality cannot come from less formal reality.

Decarte was putting his finger on the BIG QUESTION that science has been unable to answer: "Where did this all come from?" And I'm sorry, but, it just evolved into this--doesn't answer the question...there was a big bang in outer space a long time ago, does not answer the BIG QUESTION. Scientists are trying to explain the process by which our world was created, without considering the who or what that made it happen. "Nothing can come from nothing!"

Genesis 1:1 tells us where "something" started. "In the beginning, God..." About the time a Believer introduces God to answer the question of existence, there will be a skeptic who will challenge us: "I suppose that you don't believe that dinosaurs existed." "You probably think that the earth is less than 10,000 years old." "You probably don't believe in the Big Bang theory." Wow...seriously--is that the best challenge science has to offer? Let me tell you what I believe in: I believe in a God who created the process by which all things were created. Do I believe in theistic evolution? No, I believe in a theistic resolution! God resolved to create the heavens and the earth, and then He resolved to redeem that which He created.

Prayer: "Dear heavenly Father, great creator of all that is, I worship You, for You alone are worthy of praise and adoration. I give You praise for my existence and for the salvation of my soul. I deeply appreciate the gift of life and the promise of eternal life. I do stand in awe of Your power, Your creativity and Your plan to rescue me from my sin. I will forever be grateful! Amen"

2 comments:

  1. Great job. Thank you. The prayer is my favorite part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gino--if you think about the Psalms of David, many of them were prayers.

    ReplyDelete