Friday, November 23, 2012

Steps of a Good Man

The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, And He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the Lord upholds him with His hand. Psalms 37:23-24 (NKJV)

Let me forewarn you, you might not agree with the following statement--OK, you have been warned. I don't believe that we need to waste any time or concern ourselves with finding the will of God--I believe that if you love God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength that the will of God will indeed find you. Before you reject this idea, please understand that it did not originate with me. In the 37th Psalm David asserts that "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord." It means that when your feet hit the pavement everyday that they are guided by God and your journey through life is filled with God's purposes.

The Apostle Paul also reinforced this idea in Ephesians 2:10: For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. What this tells me is that if your are in Christ you simply need to walk in obedience and complete what God has already ordained that you should do. If you insist on discovering just how committed God is to seeing you accomplish the works that He has already prepared for you to do--just try a Jonah move--and God will do whatever is necessary to bring you back to the calling that He has for you.

How good--how amazingly good it is to know that I'm in the center of God's path for me. My daily steps are ordered by God. My destiny is sure. God is with me and has given me a purpose in His Kingdom. Now, from time to time, I do stumble along the way. I am living proof, "That all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." Even in my failure, I am not down for the count, "For the Lord upholds me with His hand." You really are in good hands when the Father picks you up!

Prayer: "Dear Father, my father--thank you for Your loving kindness--which is constant and encourages me to just keep walking forward. I am so thankful that I do not have to guess at what I should be doing with my life, but rest in the fact that You are ordering my very steps as I journey ahead. I am on the road to meet my destiny and You have prepared the way. Blessed be the Name of the Lord!" Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment