Friday, November 9, 2012

The Father Knows



When you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words. Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. Matt 6:7-8 (NKJV)

My youngest grandson has not learned how to talk yet; at least not in a language that I understand. In spite of the language barrier, most of the time I have a good idea of both what he needs and what he wants. I know when he is hungry. I know when he needs his diaper changed. I know when he is getting sleepy and needs a bottle. I know when he didn't get enough sleep. I know these things, because I really know my grandson.  

How well does God know you?  The Bible tells us that He knows the number of hairs that cover your head.  (Which is a constantly changing number)  In addition God knows everything that you've done...everything that you're thinking...everything that you desire...everything that you're planning to do...He knows everything!   Therefore; when it comes to prayer requests, remember that God understands the how, what and why of your petition, even before you ask Him.  

Even more importantly, God loves you; which means that He is favorably inclined towards you. As a grandfather I anticipate the needs of my youngest grandson. I take care of him and meet most of his needs, because I love him. How much more will your Heavenly Father anticipate and meet your needs? This is not to say that you shouldn't present your requests to Him; but keep this in mind: Not one of your prayers requests are a surprise to God. He is often in the process of answering your prayer even before you articulate the first word.

Prayer: "Dear heavenly Father, blessed be Your name. You are worthy of praise, honor, power and glory! In addition to holding the universe together by Your mighty power, You make the time to know me. I stand humiliated and ashamed of what You know about me, and yet it only makes Your grace all the more amazing. Thank you for knowing what I need, and for the many times when You answered my prayers. You are a good God!" Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment