Monday, January 21, 2013

Already Rich

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. Eph 3:20-21 (NKJV)

A few years ago Jody dreamed that I won the lottery. Now before you ask the question, "No, I do not play the lottery!" So, if Jody's dream had any element of prophecy connected to it, someone else will have to buy me the winning lottery ticket. This crazy dream spurred the following question, "What would I do with 30 million dollars if I won the lottery and it all landed in the middle of my life?" What would I change? What would I buy? Where would I live? What kind of a car would I drive? Would I still conduct my life that way I am presently living?

I would like to think that I would be relatively unchanged by riches, but I'm sure that it would have some impact. Here is my thinking on the subject: "I already love the life that God has granted me and am thankful beyond belief for what God has already provided!" What more do I need? (Nothing really) What more do I want? (Not a whole lot) I enjoy the life that God prepared for me--a loving, faithful, super kind wife--fabulous, talented, committed to God's Kingdom children--two fun, energetic, good-looking grandsons--world class friends--tremendous church family... When I consider that God's provision and blessings have no end, I must conclude that I am already rich!

It all comes down to the God "who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think." Is God good? Does God love me? Has God been faithful and good to me? Is my future secure in Him? "Well, yes, yes, yes and yes!" Is it any wonder that God is worthy to be praised? To my way of thinking, having God in my heart is priceless. Worth considerably more that the biggest lottery ever . In the words of the Apostle Paul, "To Him be glory in the church...to all generations, forever and ever!"

Prayer: "Dear Father, I do give You thanks for the life that You have granted me to live. Thank you for Your gifts and blessings...I am simply overwhelmed by Your goodness to me. I know that I do not merit your love or grace and yet I have experienced times that are exceedingly abundantly above all that I've asked or hoped for. You are a good God! Blessed be the name of the Lord! Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment