Saturday, January 5, 2013

Hope

For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees?25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance... 28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:24-25, 28 (NKJV)

So, what is hope? Hope is the God-imparted belief that God is good, that He is favorably inclined towards you and that He will work all things in your life to accomplish His good and eternal purposes. And why should I be a person of hope? Because I know Him--and I am persuaded that God is good!!!

The Apostle Paul helps us understand hope with this mind twister. "Hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees?" In other words--if you already have received, own or have possession of something--hope becomes unnecessary. Hope then, is trusting that God will supply something that you do not presently have or can "see."

As Believers we have three fantastic reasons to be an optimistic people who are full of hope:

  1. We have the promise that God will take our sins away and that He will transform us and make us into new creations.
  2. We have the promise that God will take all the situations of life, both good and bad, and that He will work all things for our good.
  3. We have the promise that God is preparing a place for us after this life is over.
Prayer: "Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for the hope that I find in You. Although I live in a difficult world and face trials that test my faith, I know that You will see me through and work it all out for my benefit. Instead of carrying around a burden of fear and worry, You have liberated me with a peace that passes understanding and a hope that is based in Your goodness. Please help me to keep my eyes on You in the midst of the storms and to hold fast to the hope that strengthens my resolve. Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment